May 29, 2013

Classroom Management

Throughout the whole professional experience, I was facing difficulty in controlling the class. I have never been able to manage the class well or perhaps due to the short duration I am not able to get the kids to understand my expectation for them. Upon reflecting on it I came across Class Dojo on Lindy's blog which is a behavior management software. The software allows us to create an avatar for each of the child and earn rewards of points upon their completion of a task or perhaps their behavior in class. This is another type of ICT that can be integrated without the use of direct teaching. Sad thing is that I did not manage to try this software with the kids in my class.

Perhaps the next session when I am working with kids, I could use this software for managing the classroom, as compared to the traditional use of stickers or any physical rewards. 

No comments: