Mar 9, 2013

A huge Trade-off - Technology!

I think with technology life has become much easier, we don't have to waste a lot of time doing things like going to the bank to check our money, or to transfer payment to the college. Provided you have internet connection and a device for surfing, consider it done! That is how easy it has become for us to use the internet. However technology is trade-off for us human beings. For example, I have been walking constantly to the bank nearby my house to get some cash to buy pizza for lunch and walk back home.

Picture from Pizzahut.com

Are you kidding me?! I just ordered pizza 5 minutes ago and yes I am still in my pyjamas. Simply because I can log into www.pizzahut.com and order my pizza and complete my payment through online banking or mobile banking. This has saved me a lot of time indeed, if I were to walk to the bank and to the pizza shop and waited for my pizza and then walked home, that would take 45 minutes of my time. However, it is a trade-off that if the internet services are down, and if I do wanna have pizza, I would be lazy to walk all the way out to get some cash to buy them. 

A few notable changes in the society as technology seeps into their lifestyle, changing it.
  1. People actually text when they are in the same house
  2. Photocopy of notes, they dont have to copy from the board any longer
  3. Pirating the original copies of DVD
  4. Typing everything rather than writing them with free hands
  5. Memorizing numbers is no longer needed as the IPad does the work
My peer, Kym made some notable trade off in her blog regarding how technology has change people. However, what ever it is, teachers should be positive and keep and open mind to accept technology uses in the classroom setting. As technology would give the students learning benefits, teaching them better things and learning things better. In addition to that, keep a balance use of ICT and Non ICT, that would actually reduces trade off in classroom settings too. Have you considered using it? At least I can write this blog post while waiting for my pizza. Cheers!

No comments: