Mar 15, 2013

Concept Maps

Going through week 2 materials and making my own concept maps, I share on studydesk, as I look at my peers Megan and Vicky posting on their blog their concept map, it sparks me to compare ours. There is a huge difference in the way we present our ideas and concepts but somehow people do understand what it is about. Speaking of which, concept map really helps us to share our ideas and can clearly be understood by anyone looking at it. It helps us to reorganize our ideas and thoughts in a way that we could see the flow and link.

I have made concept maps on mahjong papers in high school and in college, I have actually not tried doing it online or using the software on the computer. This is indeed a challenging yet fun moment for me. When I stumbled upon the sites that provides free map making online such as bubbl.us, Text2Mindmap, Mindmeister and more. I was confident that it would it be easy to get it all done within couple of minutes, however was proved wrong. But at the end of the day here it is, my personal concept map on ICT learning in education.

But then again, this looks more like a mind map rather than a concept map, sometimes a total failure occurs but from the map above we can interpret data like, there are more benefits in using ICT as compared to the challenges faced. Is this a mind map or rather a concept map?

No comments: