Apr 7, 2013

A day without Technology

We are the generation that touch, with one touch.

Image Source: MSF Technology Team
We are getting more and more dependent on technologies in our daily living. From telecommunications to entertainment, we are highly dependent on a range of technology. What about one day when all these are taken away from us, how are we going to function? Humans have the tendency to be able to move forward but not backward. 

Image Source: What if Technology was gone
I myself is quite dependent on technology. Somethings too much that I think I could die. My daily dose of technology would be as follow;
  1. smartphone
  2. internet banking
  3. studydesk
  4. laptop
  5. internet connection
  6. printer
  7. car
  8. watch
  9. elevator & lift
  10. ordering machine
  11. automated gates
These are the basic necessity in my life that I would be needing greatly to get through each day. As I was reading this site, I realize that indeed without the internet many of us are as good as doomed. Young people under the age of 40 are highly dependent on the internet in all aspects of work and study. I would not be able to continue my BECH if the internet was cut off. 

Image Source: Don't feed the geek
However, I think technology is suppose to be there to help us in learning and living better and not destroying us. There are people who are trying to live without being too dependent on the use of technology as well. Have you thought what would happen to you one day when all these are taken away from you? I was experiencing this when I entered the jungle for 2 days. However, life is still good! So can you carry out lessons without the use of technology in the classroom still? 

No comments: