Apr 18, 2013

Unit Planning

How much of ICT is too much and how little is too little. As I am planning my learning experience for the unit plan, I kept negotiating with myself whether the ICT included are too much or too little. As teachers, we should not fully rely on ICT and turning the focus of the lesson into teaching technology instead. Vicky in her recent post talks about quality integration, on how to integrate ICT to provide high quality teaching and learning experience for both teachers and students. 

I have decided to do a little modification on the almost completed series of unit plan. I am using 45% ICT in teaching Science. I was reminded again the purpose of integrating ICT as Kym would put it, that is to learn better things and to learn things better. Modifying the whole unit plan over again is not an easy tasks especially when you thought you are done with. However, it reminded me as an educator, we should constantly modify and change what is needed to best accommodate the learning needs of our students. In that way, ICT will be a positive reinforcer to learning rather than a negative one.

No comments: